Position: Junior Research Analyst / Research Analyst
Location: Hong Kong / Malaysia / Thailand / Indonesia / Philippines / Brazil / Turkey
Training and Experiences:
- Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Statistics.
- Prior experience with maintenance of a time-series financial database.
- Proficiency in English and other languages is a plus.
- At least 1 year working experience in investment research or related fields.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Numerate, analytical and rigorous attention to details.
- Good command of PC/spreadsheet applications.
- High sense of responsibility and willing to work overtime.
- Sound knowledge of macroeconomic statistics.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the quality and coverage of our in-house research database.
- Implement and adhere to in-house pre-set measures of quality assurance and quality control
- Close cooperation with client servicing team and with official data issuing sources.
- Attend to clients. queries on our database service.
- Support and enhance team operational workflow with new technology and automation
- Carry out requirement and technical analysis for end users
- Develop and support VBA applications
- Conduct system testing and user acceptance test
- Provide technical assistance to and work closely with end users
- Participate in R&D to meet company’s fast and growing business needs
- Participate in various projects involving different business units globally
- Degree / Higher Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in software development
- Solid experience and high interest in developing VBA and/or VB applications
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets
- Familiar with development environment such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse and/or Netbeans
- Experience in markup languages such as HTML, XML and web services would be an advantage
- Knowledge on MS Access and SQL is a plus
- Basic economic knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge in data quality assurance processes will be highly valued
- High problem solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision